Barbecue Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2/3 cup corn-bread crumbs or bread crumbs (I used 3 saved bread heels)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 small onion, grated and drained (I minced and sauteed until softened)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (we like Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 1/2 cup water
1. Combine the first 7 ingredients. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls.
2. Place the oil in a wide frying pan. Add the meatballs and brown them on all sides until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Add the barbecue sauce and water. Cook until it reduces and sticks to the meatballs, about 1 minute. Serve.