"I came up with this healthy chicken and bean filling for tacos since my husband needs to watch his cholesterol level," relates Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan. "Sliced radishes make a unique crunchy topping."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 6 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded lettuce, shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, sliced radishes, chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions and fat-free sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the beans, salsa and taco seasoning; heat through.
- Spoon the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up.
- Serve with the toppings of your choice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 taco (calculated without toppings) equals 271 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 1,077 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 very lean meat.