Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Buckeyes

These go fast, if you have a big crowd you may need a double batch. My first batch is nearly gone (we already did one Christmas party) so I'll need to make another. The chocolate used for dipping can be saved for the next time. I just put mine in a container in the back of the fridge and save it for next time.


Buckeyes

1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
2 sticks butter, softened
1 lb. powdered sugar (approx. 4 3/4 cups)

Mix and shape into balls. Chill.

12 oz. chocolate chips (2 cups)
1 bar paraphine

Melt over water. Dip ball in leaving a small circle at the top to resemble buckeyes. (I usually use a toothpick to to dip them.) Put on a cookie sheet to firm up. (I usually put them in the fridge.) Store in an airtight container in a cool place.

No comments: